Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thank you for the most meaningful gift

This is a thank-you note for persons unknown but suspected. Maybe, it is also an idea for others. Last year, 12 days before Christmas, I found a gift at my back door. Thinking it was cookies, I opened it right up. It was a manger. Puzzled, I put it aside.Next morning, lo and behold, there was a lamb. Next, a donkey. Now getting the message, I started each day looking for the next arrival. The baby Jesus arrived Christmas morning. This Nativity is the most beautiful and meaningful gift I have ever received.

It was also the most fun. It has stayed on display all year and gives me joy every time I look at it. So, thank you,Poinsettia a perfect gift , to my gift-givers. I love you all.I'm a US Service member from Fairchild AFB deployed overseas to an undisclosed location in Southwest Asia. The other day I received a package from Mr Mark's class at Garfield Elementary School. I was quite surprised to learn I had a package since I had not given out a mailing address to anyone.

When I opened the package and saw the picture, letters and cards from the class it nearly brought me to tears. Being away from home during the holiday season is very difficult (especially with two small children at home), but the kindness showed to me by this class was both heartwarming and humbling. You'll never know how much it means to receive a gift like this from complete strangers when you're thousands of miles away from home, but it makes being away from home just a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment