Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Longtime teacher says thank you, Shamong

Thank you for the numerous opportunities you provided me as a teacher in your community. Thank you for the many gifts I received over the past 27 years, of which the most precious were your children. I loved them as I love my daughter and son.PRS Guitars Summer 2012 Free Strings for a Year Thank You Package and Experience PRS Sweepstakes. I hope the 3,000 students I taught became more whole, more confident, and more able to find their niche in the world as they pursue a positive path toward happiness.

I am also grateful to my Indian Mills Memorial School colleagues who helped develop an integrated cross curricula Environmental Education approach to learning; utilizing the Camp Ockanickon overnight camping trip as its keystone event. I hope my 20-year effort as camp coordinator laid a strong foundation for the continuation of this Shamong cultural event, which instills a sense of place and builds stronger interpersonal bonds.

Thank you to the community for its support of IMMS student council events such as the annual Camp No Worries Volleyball Tournament. As the first advisor, I look back over those 20 years of community service and school activities feeling tremendous honor and pride in the leadership demonstrated by student council members. I will see you on the hiking trails we have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment